The Final 2014 Casino Mitzvah Night Program Booklet is available.
See the Program Booklet as a PDF right now!
Discuss bidding jointly with friends on some of the wonderful items.
The Absolutely Simplest (‘Twitter’) explanation of the evening
Schmooze/Eat/Play casino games & bingo (5:30-7:30)- Live Auction (7:15-7:45)-
Play more/Desserts (7:45-9:00)- Free prize raffles (9:00-9:30)
Want More? – The Almost as Simple (Text/SMS) explanation of the evening:
- At Casino Mitzvah night, you buy chips (we give you some to get started), you play bingo or casino games with those chips, and we give away a bunch of wonderful prizes at the end of the evening.
- Big winners get their choice of very big prizes (bundles of terrific donations).
- But everyone who attends gets to participate in the free raffles of prize donations at the end of the evening, as well as bid on items in our live auction!
Still Need More Details? – The Relatively Simple explanation of this evening:
1. Generous businesses and individuals have made donations of products and services.
2. At 5:30pm, there’s a Check in process for all guests. Probably a minute or two.
- There’s six kinds of food – heavy hors d’oeuvres from the Loft (French), the Avalon (Spanish Tapas), Taj (Indian), Olive Garden (Italian), Greenleaf (Mediterranean), and the RV Creamery (Cheeses). They’re available immediately on arrival through 7:30pm, along with wines, beer, sodas and water, which remain available all evening.
- We register guests and give each person a Bidder ID card, $10 in gaming scrip to get going, a personal Casino Mitzvah pen, and an evening program booklet.
- The number on your Bidder ID card can be used to buy scrip for playing games, make bids during the live auction, buy raffle tickets for the traditional 50-50 or wine tree raffle (all the other raffles are free). You may even buy outright some prizes that otherwise will be given away during the free raffles, but you may just fall in love with a particular item and have to have it. We’ll make that possible. We’ll settle up at the end of the evening for whatever you purchased.
3. At 7:15pm, we will take a break from casino games and bingo to auction off the larger dollar value donations, and to have our traditional Mitzvah Moment.
4. When this live auction completes, we will continue with the fun gaming until 9pm, at which time we will give away all the rest of the donations as prizes to the players and attendees.
5. How does the gaming work?
- To play any bingo or casino game requires chips or scrip that you can buy all night long and use at any of our eleven gaming tables.
- At 9pm, you turn in your chips and the people who have ended the evening by turning in the most chips will get their choices of the biggest prizes. These three top winners are ineligible to win any of the remaining free raffle prizes.
- Everyone else will participate in and be eligible to win one of these remaining choices of prizes (all the rest of the donations given to us by generous merchants and individuals in the community). These end-of-night free raffle drawings will be by bidder ID number. All of your bidder ID numbers will have been placed in a large raffle jar and winners will get their choice of remaining prizes from our prize table in order of raffle drawing.
- Maximum of one prize from the free raffle drawings per person.
And now, our more generic welcoming description of everything:
We would like to invite you to participate in Temple Emek Shalom’s annual Live Auction, which this year will be a small part of our larger Mitzvah theme and evening of fun, casino games, and bingo. The Mitzvah (‘good deeds’) speaks to the work done by our own Temple and the many other charitable organizations that we support with part of our proceeds from the event. The TES members who volunteer to work on and prepare for this Casino Mitzvah Night are themselves performing an ongoing mitzvah.
Our professional dealers bring their own professional gaming tables. They will run and teach a wide variety of popular games. Come spend an evening with friends and other community members. Have a good time while playing blackjack, poker, roulette, craps, bingo, and trying your hand at our Wheel of Fortune. This event has become a major Rogue Valley event with hundreds of community members attending each year.
Our congregation appreciates the generosity of the hundreds of businesses and individuals who sponsor the event and donate merchandise, services and gift certificates each year. As explained above, our Casino Night will end with a series of gaming prizes and raffles that will offer opportunities for all attendees to win prizes and further view the generosity of our donors and sponsors.
Our members and friends strongly believe in patronizing the businesses that support the Temple’s programs. We promote our Donors in a variety of ways before, during and after the actual event evening. We are grateful for any contribution of goods or services. All donations are tax deductible. You will receive a receipt after the event for the items(s) donated.
We encourage you to attend this exciting event where you will have the opportunity to mingle with current and new customers while you enjoy one of the Valley’s most entertaining events of the year. On behalf of the congregation of Temple Emek Shalom, thank you for considering your support of this important event.